You know that sharp, burning pain that shoots through your chest from time-to-time? You may be experiencing symptoms of heartburn…which affects millions of people every day.
In fact – an estimated 14%-20% of U.S. adults have experienced symptoms of heartburn in some form or another.
Sometimes, heartburn really does feel like this!
Below, we’ll cover:
- What is Heartburn?
- Common Symptoms of Heartburn
- Natural Ways to Help Soothe Heartburn Symptoms
- Alkaline Water Benefits
What You Should Know About Heartburn and The Symptoms of Heartburn
What is Heartburn?
Heartburn happens when stomach acid gets pushed up into the esophagus (or food pipe) causing a painful burning sensation in your chest that can make its way up to your throat and neck area.
Common Symptoms of Heartburn
Some common examples of heartburn symptoms that people can experience include:
- A burning sensation in the chest, just behind the breastbone
- A fiery feeling in the throat (feels like your throat is on fire)
- Difficulties in swallowing
- Sour, hot, or bitter tasting fluid in the back of your throat
- Chest pains – specifically after eating, lying down or bending over
Natural Ways to Help Soothe Heartburn Symptoms
Occasional symptoms of heartburn can typically be alleviated by over-the-counter antacids such as Tums, Alka-Seltzer, or Prilosec OTC. Unfortunately – antacids can often mask underlying health problems, making things worse in the long run.
There are more natural ways to help soothe the symptoms of heartburn, such as:
- Avoiding Unhealthy Habits
- Avoiding Heartburn Trigger Foods
- Drinking Alkaline Water from a Water Ionizer Everyday
1) Avoiding Unhealthy Habits
What some people may not know is that certain habits are deemed “unhealthy” and can contribute to symptoms of heartburn.
Whenever possible – you’ll want to try and avoid these unhealthy habits:
- Eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed on a full stomach – you’re making it easier for stomach acid to enter your esophagus.
- Alcohol and/or cigarette use – which can fire up the burn in your body
- Lying down after eating. As with any liquid, it’s easier for stomach acid to seep through when the stomach opening isn’t right on top.
- Wearing tight-fitting clothing that can put pressure on the abdomen and esophageal sphincter.
- Having excess body weight. Too much body weight can also put pressure on the abdomen.
2) Avoiding Heartburn Trigger Foods
You’ll want to try and avoid eating foods can trigger heartburn symptoms, such as:
- Coffee and other high caffeine drinks
- Fried, fatty, and greasy foods
- Spicy foods and onion
- Citrus fruits, such as lemon and oranges
- Tomatoes and tomato sauce
More importantly, make sure you avoid overeating – even when you’re not consuming any of the foods listed above.
3) Drinking Alkaline Water from a Water Ionizer Everyday
If heartburn symptoms are caused by acidity in the stomach – then the perfect neutralizer should be something alkaline, right?
A study done by the Voice Institute of New York shows that ionized alkaline water with a pH of 8.8 may have therapeutic benefits for heartburn symptoms.
Alkaline Water Benefits
Aside from helping to soothe heartburn symptoms – ionized alkaline water that contains molecular hydrogen has other great health benefits, such as:
- Helps balance the body pH
- Helps prevent signs and symptoms of dehydration
- Helps boost your mood and overall levels of stress
To learn about some other benefits of alkaline water– we recommend that you read our NEW Water Ionizer Buyer’s Guide.
This FREE buyer’s guide will help you discover just how amazing the top water ionizers are at making hydrogen-rich alkaline water that can help guide you and your family to a path of better health.
Here are some other helpful resources in our vault that you should spend some time reading over:
- What Is Alkaline Water?
- Water Ionizer Reviews
- 5 Shortcuts for the Perfect Water Ionizer Purchase
- 4 Top Water Ionizers That Create Hydrogen Water
- 7 Reasons to Replace Your Brita Filter with a Water Ionizer
- You’re Losing Money By Not Using a Water Ionizer!
Drinking alkaline hydrogen water from a high-quality water ionizer machine every day is a surefire way to help soothe symptoms of heartburn that may arise at any moment.
We’d love to hear from you! Comment below with any natural heartburn remedies you’ve used that actually work to help soothe your symptoms!