You’ve got that burning feeling! Millions of people suffer from heartburn every day. Heartburn is a burning sensation in your chest and occurs when stomach acid goes into your esophagus.
One common way to manage heartburn is to use drug treatment options such as antacids, proton pump inhibitors or H2 blockers.
If you suffer from chronic heartburn, maybe you’re looking for some more natural ways to help relieve your symptoms.
There are a number of different ways to diminish the symptoms of heartburn. One way is by incorporating a few lifestyle changes.
How To Manage Your Heartburn, Naturally
Below are some simple suggestions that may help you avoid getting heartburn in the first place!
Ways to Avoid Heartburn
- Watch what you eat. Try to avoid heartburn trigger foods, which include the following:
- Citrus fruits and juices
- High-fat foods
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals. Eating large meals causes your stomach to expand, which can force acids into the esophagus.
- Stop eating two to three hours before going to bed to give your stomach a chance to empty out before you lie down.
Natural Ways to Help Alleviate Heartburn
Check with your doctor before starting any treatment options to make sure that you don’t have a more severe underlying problem.
- Eat bananas. Bananas are alkalizing in the body and are usually great for people with acid reflux.
- Drink chamomile tea. Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory properties and may help to neutralize stomach acid.
- Ginger. Ginger helps to calm stomach acid and relaxes the muscles of the esophagus. You can eat it raw or add it to tea.
Did You Know That Alkaline Water Can Help With Heartburn?
Yes, that’s right. Alkaline water from a water ionizer can help soothe heartburn symptoms by combating the acidity in your body.
Researchers at the Voice Institute of New York conducted a study on the effects of alkaline water on heartburn. They used water with a pH of 8.8. They concluded that “the consumption of alkaline water may have therapeutic benefits for patients with reflux disease.”
Alkaline water also tastes great and is always available straight from your water ionizer machine. If you’re interested in learning more about how water ionizers can improve your health, grab our FREE Water Ionizer Buyer’s Guide.
Do you have any natural remedies you would like to share with us? Has alkaline water helped you to relieve your symptoms?
Add your comments below. We would love to hear about it!